BACON ARTICHOKE WITH PENNE BAKE
8 oz. penne
1 recipe Guiltless Alfredo Sauce (recipe below)
2 chicken breast (grilled and chopped)
6 oz. cooked bacon, chopped
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. prepare pasta according to package directions
3. While pasta is cooking, prepare Guiltless Alfredo Sauce. When pasta is done, drain and add to the sauce. Toss with chopped chicken, bacon, artichoke hearts , green onions and 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese. Season to taste.
4. Transfer to 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover w/ foil and back for 20 minutes.
GUILTLESS ALFREDO SAUCE
2 c. milk
1/3 c. cream cheese
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup parmesan cheese
1.blend milk, cream cheese , flout and salt until smooth and set aside.
2. In a large nonstick saucepan, melt butter on med-high heat and add garlic. sauté garlic for about 30 secs, stirring constantly.
3. Add the milk mixture to the pan. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes or until it begins to simmer. Keep stirring until the sauce begins to thicken.
4. Once the sauce has begun to thicken, remove from heat. Whisk the cheese in the sauce and cover the pan.
I know it looks like a complicated time taking recipe, but it all went together in about 20 minutes.
This is going to be delicious!!!! Hope you enjoy.