Deklan's Growing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011


Pregnancy

Pregnancy was wonderful! I loved every minute of it. It was so much fun when we were able to start feeling the baby move. The ultrasounds were amazing! Nine months flew by. I was learning a new job and it seemed to keep my mind preoccupied.

A few days before our baby was due, the doctor informed us that I would need to have a caesarian. On March 2, 2011, Nate and I checked into the hospital at 5:30 am. The nursed hooked me up to a bunch of machines, asked a bunch of questions and at 8:00 am, they wheeled me into the operating room. Within about 5 minutes I couldn’t feel anything below my chest and then they brought Nate into the room. He and I were just talking about how excited and nervous we were, then all of the sudden, we heard a baby cry. We were totally caught of guard. Neither one of us were expecting it to happen that fast.


Deklan Nathan Jensen was born at 8:21 am.

Now that is the way to have a baby, I didn’t even break a sweat.

Deklan weighed 8lbs 8 oz and was 21 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment