Deklan's Growing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011








I promised a few people that I would start a blog when I had something to write about. So here is a brief overview of the past 4 years.

In the spring of 2007, Nate and I met in our singles ward. We were first asked to speak in Sacrament meeting together and then were called to serve in similar callings. I remember it like it was yesterday. We were at a FamilyHome Evening activity when Nate approached me and asked me on a date. Of course I accepted. We exchanged phone numbers and went our separate ways. I was absolutely smitten. I was so excited, I could hardly contain myself. I went home and immediately called my mom to tell her my exciting news.

Our first date was April 6, 2007. We went to dinner, then miniature golfing ( I won) and then we went and had ice cream. We were enjoying each others company so much, that after ice cream, we decided to see a movie. Wild Hogswas the movie, itwas great! After the movie, Nate took me home and like a gentleman, walked me to my door and told me that he had a wonderful time and that he would like to go out again. The feelings were mutual. I had such a wonderful time that the next day I hunted all over town for a movie that I knew he wanted to watch and then invited him over to watch it.

We saw each other everyday after that. It didn’t take long before we were head-over- heels in love with each other. Really, it didn’t take long. Nate asked me to marry him on May 25, 2007. Just a month and a half after our first date. When it’s right, it’s right! I’ll share the proposal story another day.

We set the wedding date for mid July and started planning. Most of the planning was already done, I had been working on it since I was 5 years old, so it was just a matter of pulling all together. Our families were amazing helping us get it together. My mom started sewing right away, she made my wedding dress, my temple dress, 3 bridemaids dresses and 8 flower girl dresses and her own dress in a about 6 weeks. My dad, did a yard makeover so that we could have the reception in their back yard. Nate’s mom baked enough cheesecake for an entire army and Nate’s dad planned most of honeymoon. We put Natalie, Nate’s sister to work as our photographer.



July 21st was a beautiful day. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and the reception was amazing. Everything went smoothly. The only thing that went wrong was that I left my veil at the temple. Oh well, it was still perfect.

Nate and I honeymooned in Kauai. It is the most beautiful place on earth. We loved it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment